These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by LewisBriskin
I have used Waze for almost 1 year, although I like it, I have struggled with the following:

1) why are the instructions cut off at the beginning and end of a sentence? This happens often.

2) why do the instructions come so close to having to turn or get off or on ramps?

3) why is there still a Bluetooth problem? When I am using Waze and I get a phone call, many times the Bluetooth, the phone and Waxe freeze. I should not have to go through a series of adjustments to have it work. This never happens with other GPS navigation apps.

I have deleted and installed Waze a number of time and it still happens. I have the latest version of Waze and latest IOS for my phone.

I am frustrated and I may move to another GPS navigation app. Probably Google or Apple Maps ( if it will do what they say in the next major upgrade).

Waze techs, get off your butts and fix these aggravating and existing problems.
LewisBriskin
Send a message
Last edited by LewisBriskin on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by LewisBriskin
I have used Waze for almost 1 year, although I like it, I have struggled with the following:

1) why are the instructions cut off at the beginning and end of a sentence? This happens often.

2) why do the instructions come so close to having to turn or get off or on ramps?

3) why is there still a Bluetooth problem? When I am using Waze and I get a phone call, many times the Bluetooth, the phone and Waxe freeze. I should not have to go through a series of adjustments to have it work. This never happens with other GPS navigation apps.

I have deleted and installed Waze a number of time and it still happens. I have the latest version of Waze and latest IOS for my phone.

I am frustrated and I may move to another GPS navigation app. Probably Google or Apple Maps ( if it will do what they say in the next major upgrade).

Waze techs, get off your butts and fix these aggravating and existing problems.
LewisBriskin
Send a message

Post by lilears4
I also have what seems to be a timezone problem.
Eta is four hours ahead.
Nothing I do seems to be able to fix it.
lilears4
Send a message

Post by madaharinda
The speed limits still do not show on my device in indonesia.
madaharinda
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by malip2
[quote="im1kissfan"]Still stops routing in background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

Did someone reply to you that this issue is verified and will be fixed?
It is really not so nice that routing is stopped or that even Bluetooth does not route me.
I need mail and other apps while driving or even when I have a telephone call then I need routing in background.
Waze always in front is not so easy

Regards Markus
malip2
Send a message

Post by mark905
WAZE has been my go to nav app for a long time but recently I have been experiencing major issues. WAZE audio directions are breaking up to the point that I cannot understand the direction. It's been so frustrating that I've switched to Google.
I use an iPhone with the latest iOS operating system. I use a Bluetooth connection in my auto. I have the latest updates for WAZE installed (ver 4.9.0). My in-app sound settings are: Prefer Bluetooth is enabled. Play Sound to Speaker is disabled.

I would appreciate any and all ideas or fixes. Thank you
mark905
Send a message

Post by MicJohnston
Waze version: 4.9.0.0
Phone: iPhone 5S
iOS version: 9.3.2
Carrier: AT&T

Issue:
While using Waze, phone loses cellular reception (no signal) and Waze gives message that no gps or server could be found and is giving approximate location. Keep in mind that I am in a city area, not rural, and cellular service is not an issue (and is not an issue with other apps like Maps or Google Maps). While this is happening phone gets blistering hot. By that, I mean you can't hardly hold the phone it is so hot. Also while this is going on, cell service may show up for a brief second, sometimes be LTE sometimes not and have varying degrees of signal form not to 5 bars. This happens in different locations so it is not a specific drive I make and happens a lot. It was also doing this with the last couple of Waze versions.

I suspect there is a software issue that causes the phone to overheat and not function properly resulting in the cellular system breaking down. Waze, one of my favorite and most used apps, is basically useless to me now. Please investigate.

I also do not like how the last few versions have made the map slow to respond to turning corners. Sometimes I am already going straight down the road I turned on before my map symbol shows that I turned. This makes quick multiple turns hard to do (like turn left, then immediately turn right). Apple Maps does not have this lag.

Update 6/21: Today on 2 trips I made using Waze, the issue occurred (no cellular, no GPS, can't find server). Each time, I held the phone in front of the air conditioning vent and within seconds, everything functioned properly. This is obviously a Waze heat generation issue that can be corrected by cooling the phone.
MicJohnston
Send a message
Last edited by MicJohnston on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mikedef23
Since this update my iPhone6 keeps telling me there is no GPS signal. I ran a test on it an it can receive GPS signals. So what is the issue. Everyone I have asked has the same problem. I have checked my phone with Apple Tech support and there is no issue with the GPS Receiver. Any ideas? I loved this app but now it's approximate location thing is not helpful enough.
mikedef23
Send a message

Post by mikedef23
DMZamora wrote:
Mikedef23 wrote:Since this update my iPhone6 keeps telling me there is no GPS signal. I ran a test on it an it can receive GPS signals. So what is the issue. Everyone I have asked has the same problem. I have checked my phone with Apple Tech support and there is no issue with the GPS Receiver. Any ideas? I loved this app but now it's approximate location thing is not helpful enough.
No GPS related problems here, at the moment. iPhone 6, too.
I tried to run the app on my LG Tablet and again it cannot
Find a GPS Signal. This morning when I tried on the phone again. It now cannot even calculate a route. I had a 3 out of 5 GPS signal strength. I am on AT&T. This was my most dependable app. Now it's useless.
mikedef23
Send a message

Post by mikedef23
mikedef23 wrote:
DMZamora wrote:
Mikedef23 wrote:Since this update my iPhone6 keeps telling me there is no GPS signal. I ran a test on it an it can receive GPS signals. So what is the issue. Everyone I have asked has the same problem. I have checked my phone with Apple Tech support and there is no issue with the GPS Receiver. Any ideas? I loved this app but now it's approximate location thing is not helpful enough.
No GPS related problems here, at the moment. iPhone 6, too.
I tried to run the app on my LG Tablet and again it cannot
Find a GPS Signal. This morning when I tried on the phone again. It now cannot even calculate a route. I had a 3 out of 5 GPS signal strength. I am on AT&T. This was my most dependable app. Now it's useless.
Update: I am sorry but the app does work on my LG Tablet. However driving with it in a location visible is larger and more inconvenient then my iPhone. I am going to the AT&T store to complain about it as I believe it has a weak antenna.
mikedef23
Send a message